Canon 650, 670 & 680 series any size ink tanks - How to refill
Date Posted:20 December 2019
This refill method for Canon PGI-650, PGI-670, PGI-680, CLI-651, CLI-671 and CLI-681 ink tanks/cartridges is the easiest there is.
Note: Same refill method applies to Canon ink tanks in any country - regardless of cartridge numbers being used there (eg. Australian PGI-650 is similar to PGI-150/ 250/ 350/ 450/ 550/ 750 or 850 in other world regions).
Some key advantages:
- All you need is a syringe
- No other tools, drills, needles, plugs, outlet clip etc required
- No holes to drill
- Refill in less than a minute
- Minimal risk of leaking
- For any genuine & compatible tanks
Canon ink tank (any) easy filling:
1) Remove empty ink tank from printer and place it upside down (ink outlet pointing up) on couple of paper towels or few folded tissues.
2) Fill syringe with ink - then place the tip against the felt/sponge inside the ink outlet and SLOWLY press the syringe plunger & start to release ink. If using a needle - don't push it into the felt.
Note: If the sponge is absorbing ink very slowly or not at all, leave it for couple of minutes then top up again & so on. Some tanks take longer to fill than others..
3) When the sponge is full - ink will start pooling on top of it and/or leaking out through the air hole (top of the tank) at around the same time.
4) Use the syringe in reverse - to remove excess ink off the top of sponge.
5) Check ink tank for leaks. Hold the tank in upright position over something it can drip into - for few seconds. It shouldn't leak, but check anyway.
6) Reset the chip (if you have a chip resetter) or disable the ink monitoring and install cartridge back in the printer.
7) Rinse syringe in clean tap water - before filling other colours and/or when finished.
How easy was that ..?
Note: Genuine XL or XXL ink tanks will not fill completely using this method - only the sponge section. Use this method for filling 650XL, 670XL, 651XL, and 671XL and this method for 680XL/XXL and 681XL/XXL tanks.
Need more info? Contact us.