Brother LC133, LC233 ink cartridges - How to reset chip
Refilling Brother LC133 or LC233 ink cartridges..? You will also need to reset the cartridge ink chips (to full) using a chip resetter. Your printer will not accept refilled ink cartridges, unless the chips have been reset as well.
This page explains how to do it.....
Brother LC133 or LC233 ink level resetting.
1) Familiarize yourself with the resetter:
2) Remove empty cartridge from printer.
3) Place resetter over cartridge - with the LED facing forward, side guide against the LH side of cartridge, front guides ahead of the step in front of the chip and carefully bring resetter pins in contact with the LC133 or LC233 cartridge chip.
4) Gently press resetter against the chip - to activate the switch. The resetter LED should start flashing red, indicating a reset is in progress. When the LED turns green - the reset is complete.
Note: If the LED continues flashing red instead of turning green, it's more than likely not contacting the chip correctly. Move it out of contact, re-position it and try resetting again.
5) Refill cartridge and install it in printer. If the ink level still reads low (or empty), try resetting the chip again and/or powering the printer off then on.
Need more info? Contact us